Friday, October 15, 2010

Shake Shack {New York, NY}

SHAKE shack! SHAKE shack! SHAKE shack!
It's hard for a native Californian to open her heart and allow it to love another burger when memories and history have dictated a deep connection and love to In & Out. Sometimes I think, even if some foods are better than what you know, the connection you have to certain foods outweigh their actual taste. 
Despite my love of In & Out, I still enjoyed Shake Shack's cheeseburger immensely. My favorite part of the burger was that they used fresh, thicker-cut, tangy pickles rather than those soggy, thin pickles of most fast food joints. The patty was moist and thicker than In & Out's but I still enjoy In & Out's toasted sesame bun over Shake Shack's. 
The french fries, though, were awesome. Crinkle cut, which kind of reminds me of those good old days when I used to buy OreIda frozen French fries, but of course, these are much better. 
Shake Shack is also famous for their concretes, which to me are just thicker versions of milk shakes with add-ins. The chocolate-peanut butter, above, was delicious but... extremely, extremely decadent. I suggest splitting it with AT LEAST one person, but probably three would be optimal.

The pineapple upside down cake, below, was less decadent so perfect when shared among two. It had nice chewy chunks of shortbread, pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries. It was a nice treat after our burgers but nothing special enough to make me get it again next time. 
I don't know about you, but I love adding tons of black pepper into my ketchup! Weird, I know but its delicious and I urge you to try it!
Cross-section of the burger:
So sad - the last bite.
I LOVE eating my ketchup with bunches of black pepper!

2 comments:

  1. can you tell me what kind of camera you use? The pictures are great! (sorry, I know you probably get this question All. The. Time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amanda: Hey! It's no problem at all - I use a Canon 30d :)

    ReplyDelete