Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New York, New York!

Hello! I'm back from New York and I can't wait to tell you all of my delicious adventures!

I'll be posting a new 'New York' entry in the Eating Out page, so be sure to check it out if you are ever in need of some great, spectacular, mind-blowing and utterly indulgent eats!

But for now, here are some of my favorite photos from the trip, enjoy!

One of my first photos after landing in the glorious New York!
We stayed in Brooklyn and the view of Manhattan was amazing!!
Oh how I just love long exposures - the water and sky almost look creamy!
Instead of staying at a hotel, we rented a super cute studio apartment through Air BnB. This was the sunrise as seen from the roof.

My favorite part about the apartment was the rooftop access! These steps to me, personify everything I know about living in the city.
Of course, what is New York without its subway? We bought unlimited weekly passes and sure used the heck out of them! Everyday our feet were pulsating from the pain of walking millions of miles a day - but it was worth it!
Our home subway stop - Parkside!!
Central Park was gorgeous and I expected no less. We were told it would be raining and stormy - this photo begs to differ.
My ultimate favorite thing about the city though, if not the food, are the trees and not just the ones in the park. There's foilage EVERYWHERE and the trees are so unique - ones I've never seen in California. They just filter the light so perfectly.
THE MET! Thoroughly felt like a socialite from Gossip Girl while taking photos on the steps! Me (on the left) with my sister (on the right).
All of the art at the MET was fantastic - from Van Gogh to Magritte to Dali. There was even a temple from Egypt! I could have stayed there the entire day and not have looked at everything there was to see. One of my favorite exhibits though was the Big Bambu exhibit - it was interesting and incredibly gorgeous.

The Guggenheim is another museum must see, if only for the structure alone. To me, it's The Getty of the east side - both with the most beautiful architecture housing tons of great art. 
Good eats! I think the primary goal of this whole trip was to eat New York, literally. We ended up eating at 20+ places in a matter of 5 days - which is insane. I feel so bloated haha, but it was truly worth it!
Fall! My favorite season although it wasn't really Fall weather in the city as it was still quite sunny and warm. Nice though that I got to see some leaves turn their color at least.
Grand Central Station is just one of those places where you can feel the history. It was vast and filled with hustle and bustle.
See! Beautiful trees EVERYWHERE!
If you love Italian food, you have to check out Eataly - the creation of Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich, Lidia Matticchio Bastianich and Oscar Farinetti. It's filled with all kinds of imported and authentic Italian goods, handmade pastas, dried meats and cheeses galore!
I heart & pretzel New York!!
I heart New York trees!
Chinatown/ Little Italy! It's funny because in San Francisco, they're right next to each other too and they're so similar in all major cities. Although, I must say, New York's Chinatown sure did have a nicer selection of goods :)
Last and final museum visit: The National History Museum, which was probably my favorite of all three. It appealed to the inner geek and science lover in me.
Deep sea creatures are probably the MOST interesting things on the planet to me, probably because we almost know nothing about them!
We like to take pictures, lots of them.
Me, in Bryant Park, which is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but also, a lot more beautiful then I thought it would be! It's the perfect place to take a midday break and enjoy a bit of quiet in the midst of the busy city.
Times Square! I actually didn't see much of it but it in the minute I was walking through it, I was amazed by how many people could be in such a small space.
The last night - bittersweet, but maybe just a bit more bitter. Having dinner at the famous 63rd and 5th Halal Cart near Radio City and watching the people move past me. 

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are gorgeous! I'm excited to see your food posts. There's so much to eat in NY. I am planning an eating trip there, but probably won't go till next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing and gorgeous. I can't wait to see the recipes and dishes you got to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures, Michelle! Especially the ones overlooking the water. Seriously took my breath away. Oh and your outfit is adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I'm finally making the plunge and investing in a DSLR. If you don't mind helping me out, I was wondering what kind of camera and lens you use.

    Thanks so much!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ itsmeangie21: thanks a lot!! i use a canon 30d with a couple of different lenses. but in the photos above i used: 50mm f1.4, 35mm f2.0 and the 10 - 22mm wide angle

    hope that helps and YAY for a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I´m catching up reading your blog (i was on holidays in Mexico) and girl, you did a lot during that time!.

    I´m loving all your NY-eating out selection. Beautifully composed.

    oh, and pictures as always: breathtaking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete