Friday, October 15, 2010

Russ & Daughters {New York, NY}

Haha, I laugh over how obsessed my sister and I are with The Best Thing I Ever Ate. We just had to, HAD TO, visit as many of the show's spotlights as we could... even if it meant eating five meals a day, which if our stomachs couldn't handle, were made to handle.  
I love, love, love smoked salmon. It's briny, salty, and delicious. I also love, love, love bagels and it's perfect that they go so well together! Did I mention that I once worked at a bagel shop? Well, I did, and when I worked there I inhaled just about 3 bagels a day. I also gained 3 pounds a day... haha.
The spread of fresh cream cheese and lox was more than I could bare. It was all so gorgeous. We decided finally on an everything bagel with scallion cream cheese and an onion bagel with lox, cream cheese, red onion and capers.


The Gaspe Nova (the lox we chose) was so utterly unctuous. Quite possibly, the most buttery lox I've ever had - so delicious. The bagels were nice and chewy but my favorite was the everything because of the salty kick it had and all of the delicious flavor. Mmm I love bagels and lox - I should have been born Jewish.

No comments:

Post a Comment