Friday, February 13, 2009

Nutella Oatmeal Thins


I decided to shower her in my baked love - so she'd never forget me! So in addition to the wonderful earl grey cupcakes from my previous post, I also made these Nutella Oatmeal Thins. Hopefully all of this sugary goodness will keep her tummy at bay until another visiting opportunity comes by.


These cookies turned out to be wonderfully crisp and almost as thin as a piece of paper! Though they were delicious on their own, I wanted a richer Nutella flavor so I tried sandwiching a layer of Nutella between two crisps and I hit the jackpot! This cookie reminded me of one of my favorite treats, Ferrero Rocher, with the gooey hazelnut chocolate center and a crispy outer layer. Though it wasn't as complex as the many layers in a Ferrero Rocher, the flavor was ALL there!


Nutella Oatmeal Thins

Yields: About 24

Original recipe can be found at Baking Bites


1 cup + 2 tbsn. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 cup butter, room temp

6 -7 tbsn. Nutella

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1 large egg + 1 egg yolk

1 tsp. vanilla extract

3/4 cup of quick cooking oats


Preheat to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl cream the butter, nutella, and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and egg yolk, then the vanilla. Gradually blend in the flour mixture and the oats, slowly. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart to allow them to expand. Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool completely. Enjoy! 

3 comments:

  1. do u make these recipes up? guess who loves cupcakes and nutella and everything else you put on this site? GUESS WHO?!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta try this. It looks so good! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete