Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eggs in a Hole

I love eggs. I love bread. I love quick. I love easy. That's why eggs in a hole are perfect for me! They make a quick and delicious lunch, not to mention healthy too. A definite keeper.

My love for these things is undoubtable!

Eggs in a Hole
Yields: one serving
Yep, this is as simple as it gets!
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 large egg
1/2 tbsn. butter
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh herbs, whatever you have on hand is fine (optional)
salsa (optional)
Burning love.
Heat a medium sized pan on medium high heat. Using a cookie cutter or a knife, cut a hole in the center of your slice of bread. Add the butter into the pan, once melted, lay down the slice of bread. Next crack your egg into the center of the hole and cook until the bottom is set, about 1 - 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the toast and cook the other side until done, about 1 -2 minutes as well. Toast your extra bread in the flame (because I hate wasting food). Remove from heat, top with herbs and fresh salsa. You can use any herbs you liked, I'm not even sure what I used here but that's what I had on hand. Enjoy!

Nothing beats a perfectly cooked, perfectly gooey yolk! (P.S. taken in my new light tent)

3 comments:

  1. Wow that light tent does a phenomenal job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the heart cut out is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my yolks runny too

    ReplyDelete