Monday, February 16, 2009

Light Tent

I've been having trouble taking photos in my house whenever I cook something. I usually cook at night when the lighting in the kitchen is horribly orange and dark and even in the daytime my kitchen barely has any windows in it, so it's hard to take step-by-step photos. I often have to resort to waiting until the morning while lugging my confectionaries out into the backyard to get a decent photo since I especially loathe using the flash. 
The light tent B built for me:
B provided the solution to my woes: a light tent. He followed the instructions here. He said it took him longer than he had expected but it wasn't too hard to follow the directions. The results were magical!  A light box is ideal for nighttime-crappy-lighting situations. Just pop the subject into the box, hold a lamp against the muslin walls and snap your photo! You can even change the setting by using different poster boards as backgrounds for a professional setting for your food. Needless to say, I love it!

A closer look:
A picture of my cupcake in my new light tent:
Another sample picture:
One without the light bulb:

3 comments:

  1. OMG this is so cool! I have the same problems too so this is a nice alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are really crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the price to make this? Is it affordable too

    ReplyDelete