Saturday, December 12, 2009

Osha {San Francisco, CA}

Most often, I like my Thai restaurants (or actually, all Asian restaurants, for the matter) to be hole-in-the-wall, super authentic places. When I was visiting San Francisco, my friend told me to try Osha. Since I almost always listen to friend recommendations, I decided to give it a try. Entering, I was first put off guard by the upscale, modern decor. Though quite soothing, definitely not what I was expecting.
With the modern atmosphere and ambience, you pay a bit more, which I don't mind too much as long as the food is good, because there's nothing worse then paying for ambience AND bad food. Luckily for me, I was in for a ride! The food at Osha was delightful, full of flavor, kept traditional in some dishes and strayed modern in others. I could not have asked for a better dinner.

Above, the green curry fried rice was probably the least spectacular of all the dishes we had, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't good. Below, the Spicy Catfish was the star of the night: tender, flaky pieces of fish covered in a lush sauce that really knocked out your tastebuds. Soooooo delicious.
The green curry, below, like it's cousin the green curry fried rice was good, but again, nothing spectacular.
The most appropriately named, Volcano Beef, was everything and more. Incredibly tender pieces of beef in a volcanic sauce, haha sorry I had no other way to describe it! This one definitely was a looker!
And the Pad Sew Ew, something you can find at almost every Thai restaurant. This was quite possibly the best Pad Sew Ew I've ever had. Incredibly flavorful and the noodles were perfectly cooked, chewy with a bit of bite.
My second favorite of the night was the Duck Salad, wow, just wow. Mixed with greens, grapes, and cashews, I was constantly kept on my toes with all the fresh flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment