Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mixtape

My favorite mixtapes are usually the most insane mixes of random types of music; a smorgasbord of musical delight for the ears. I found that this way, I never get bored. For example, below I have a good mix of newbies and oldies; jazz, blues, trance, electronica, folk, indie, etc. I'd say that's some pretty good variation right there. I really do hate classifying music though, it's one of the hardest things in the world for me to do!
1. Nina Simone: Sinnerman (Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix)
2. James Yuill: This Sweet Love
3. New Buffalo: Inside (The Corrections) Ft. Jens Lekman
4. Andrew Bird: Souverian
5. Emily Haines: Reading In Bed (65 Days of Static Remix)
6. The String Quartet: Yellow (Tribute to Coldplay)
7. M83: Too Late
8. Etta James: At Last
9. Andrew Bird: Spare-Ohs
10. Tiesto: I Feel It In My Bones (Ft. Tegan & Sara)
11. Anya Marina: Whatever You Like (T.I. Cover)
12. John Coltrane & Duke Ellington: In a Sentimental Mood
(One of my favorite jazz/ instrumental songs ever!)
13. Radiohead: Scatterbrain (The Twelves Remix)
14. Okay: Pretend
15. Tiesto: Escape Me (Ft. CC Sheffield)
16. Phoenix: Lisztomania

3 comments:

  1. I love your mixtapes! They always introduce me to new things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to the String Quartet nonstop after hearing Yellow on So You Think You Can Dance. Have you heard their Dare You to Move? It's absolutely brilliant!

    P.S. I just discovered your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete