Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mana Bu's {Honolulu, HI}

You know how obsessed I am with "The Best Thing I've Ever Ate" and "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives." They are like my foodie guide to the United States. They led me to some of the best food I've ever had in New York, so of course, why not use them to guide me through Hawaii?
Mana Bu's has to be the cutest musubi shop you'll ever encounter. It's a teeny little boutique of precious musubis with the nicest staff ever! Needless to say, we ended up with a basket full of goodies. 
Mana Bu focuses on using fresh ingredients and healthy ones too. Although I liked Mana Bu's, it was a bit too plain for my taste. I guess I just enjoy full-fat musubi! I did love their baked teriyaki musubi though, it was like a mini delicious pocket of teriyaki fried rice.
Baked teri-yaki musubi:
Seaweed Kombu musubi:
You must though, if you do visit Mana Bu's, get your hands on their fresh made mochi! It was one of the most tender mochi I've had and filled with the juiciest and freshest blueberries on the island. Not to mention, it was filled with sweet adzuki bean too, mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment