Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Matcha Green Tea Slushie with Boba

Lord knows, I love matcha. I drink tea almost every day of my life. It starts my day and when I'm feeling a bit droopy, it invigorates me. I try to mix it up though, which probably explains why I have 20+ boxes and canisters of tea in my cupboard. I know, it's a bit excessive. Till the end of time, though, my heart will always have a deeper, special spot for matcha. 
When I saw this recipe, I immediately knew I had to make it. It was a simple recipe which I happened to have all of the ingredients for, score! I love when that happens. Anyways, this slushie was exactly like any other matcha green tea slushie you'd get from a tea house! It was perfect: icy, smooth, filled to the brim with matcha flavor and just perfectly sweet. Of course, those little chewy balls of starchy goodness are always welcome too. One ounce of sweetener is the perfect amount - it was just enough to balance out the bitterness of the matcha. 


Matcha Green Tea Slushie with Boba
Yields: 18 oz. (1 - 2 servings)
Original recipe here.

16 oz. cup filled with crushed ice
milk, soy milk or almond milk
1 1/2 tbsn. matcha green tea powder (such as these: Enzo USDA organic matcha powder)
1 oz. Ghiradelli white chocolate syrup (or 1 oz. 1:1 simple syrup)
1/4 cup boba, cooked per package directions

Pour the milk over the ice in the glass until full. Empty the contents into a blender, add the matcha powder and white chocolate syrup. Blend everything until it looks like slushie. Place the boba in the bottom of the glass and top it with the slushie.

Uh oh, it's all gone!!

21 comments:

  1. I love matcha slushies with boba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! loves the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing right now! I love green tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that after stumbling across your beautiful blog I just spent the past hour poring over the archives and drooling over all of the delicious recipes, wonderful music, stylish ensembles, and all other sorts of goodness that is Une-Deux Senses. Looking forward to following you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. boba is my absolute favorite. i've never seen anything but black pearls, though, so these multi-colored ones are intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so awesome! especially since I love matcha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fixed a Blackberry Fool dessert and noticed we used the same little cups! Your dessert looks so delicious. It is something I have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. let´s just wait Spring decides to fully arrive to Macau and I will be making this every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello



    We are very impressed by your matcha tea. We would potentially like to use your image and recipe on our website www.koyumatcha.com

    Is this something that you would be interested in ? Is there something you would want from us in return ? Please let me know your thoughts


    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. where is the cheapest place to buy matcha? I looked in a japenese tes shop and it was s expensive for a little box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anonymous: Matcha is in general pretty expensive but the upside is that it is super concentrated, so a small package should last you a while. I get mine from a local Japanese grocery store but I'm sure you could find a better deal online!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matcha is very pretty helpful when it comes to lose weight but the challenge is the awful taste but your suggestion of brewing it is helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Green tea is my favorite Green drink, but the recipe you have posted is very unique and it is looking so yummy. I will try at home. Can you tell me where I can find Boba? Please share some more green tea recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great site, valuable and very useful information,you has provided us for that I really thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Blog Is Very Beautiful. I Love This. so Yummy.

    slush syrup

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to know more about this Matcha green tea I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great! Very valuable information. I admire your post.
    Please Visit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this site, it is very informative for the business personals.Keep on continuing with this.
    slushie hire sydney

    ReplyDelete