Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cookies & Cream Kiss Cookies

I am about to tell you something about me that you may or may not like. Ok, here goes... I, Michelle, love Hershey's Cookies & Cream Candy Bars. Some of you might have read that statement and said, huh? That's normal, cause they are delicious! Another handful of you might be slightly disgusted that I'd love something so artificial and overly-sweet. The thing is, I love a wide spectrum of things  - varying from totally organic and healthy to downright 100% artificial and artery clogging. The stomach wants what it wants. 
Well these cookies are certainly something I love. They are, and this is supported by scientific fact and empirical studies of course, the most unhealthy cookies on earth! They contain oreos, which I've heard have enough fat in them to keep you alive for three days on a deserted island and Hershey's Cookies & Cream Candy Bars. Oh, I forgot... they have cream cheese in them too... triple bypass ftw! 

But, these are some mighty delicious cookies. My favorite part is how they stay soft for days and eating them straight out of the oven is like heaven, I swear! Gooey, melty, delicious. In moderation, I think my body could handle these every so often ;)


Cookies & Cream Kiss Cookies
Yields: about 2 dozen cookies
Adapted from here. Inspired by this.

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups coarsely chopped oreos
cookies and cream kisses (about 24)

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and egg. Cream for 3 minutes more, scraping the sides to ensure everything is well mixed. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped oreos. This dough is very fluffy and soft, do not be alarmed. When rolling the dough, greasing your hands with cooking spray helps! Place the sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the cookie dough into balls, then roll them in the sugar, and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies crack along the tops - be sure not to over bake. As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, press a cookies and cream kiss into the middle of the cookie. Let the cookies finish cooking on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes on your countertop, then remove to a wire rack to cool.



15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is seriously too cute. Something about double cookie joy just makes me squee inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would so love to make cookies and cream ice cream cookies out of these! Do you think that would work or would I get a heart attack right on the spot :D?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Helena: that might be the most genius idea EVER! i'd say: heart attack on the spot - but at least you'd die happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah these look completely worth the indulgence! I love the sound of that perfect cookie texture. Also, I am so similar to you in that I love healthy/organic foods but also crazy sweet treats too (except I think you're probably better at regulating it than me)!
    Ps. I can't believe oreos contain enough fat to keep you alive for 3 days. I'm totally researching that one :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm like you - love to be healthy and conscious about food, but sometimes need a solid dose of indulgence. all aboard this cookie train - they look a-mazing. great recipe, love the cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am CRAZY for those cookies and cream bars! As much as I love a nice organic dark chocolate bar with almonds and antioxidants and all that good stuff... I would choose a Hershey's cookies and cream 100% of the time. Definitely saving this recipe for a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and I like those bars too! Yes the stomach and taste buds just want what they want sometimes 8p.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, drool! these look so delicious!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know they made cookies and cream kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photography is good enough to eat... excuse me while I try to reach into the screen and grab a cookie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hershey's Cookies & Cream are my guilty pleasure!! I love them soooo much but rarely advertise that, since I'm supposed to have a "refined palate" and whatnot. ;)

    These cookies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet these are soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still make these cookies all the time. My coworkers rave about them and beg for the recipe. SO delicious. You are a genious.

    ReplyDelete