Thursday, February 10, 2011

King's Hawaiian {Torrance, CA}

After coming home from Hawaii, I've been craving some loco moco like no other. If you've never had it, loco moco is a Hawaiian staple that consists of rice, topped with a hamburger patty, fried egg and gravy to top it all off. If it doesn't sound awesome, believe me when I say it is awesome. 

After a long, gorgeous and hunger-inducing hike, we headed off to King's Hawaiian Restaurant and Bakery. Yep, the same King's Hawaiian that makes those delicious sweet rolls you can get at the supermarket. The best thing about this restaurant? The warm, fresh Hawaiian sweet rolls that they give you for free. Gosh I love 'em so!
I, of course, opted for the Loco Moco. It was satisfying, but sadly, not as good as the one I had in Hawaii. Oh well, I guess this just means I'm gonna have to learn how to make it for myself ;)
My friend got the breakfast burrito filled with fried rice, eggs and portuguese sausage. It was yummmm.
For dessert my friend got the banana eclair. Basically it was awesome; just as awesome as it looks!
Their infamous paradise cake is sure pretty to look at! Hearing the description makes it even more desirable. I mean layers of soft chiffon cake in the flavors of passionfruit, guava and pineapple?! They also have a cheesecake version of this but after such a heavy lunch, I opted for the chiffon. It was light as air and super delicious. The flavors were just hints; I wish it was a bit more in your face, but that's just me.
A perfect bite:


No comments:

Post a Comment