Friday, October 9, 2009

Fresh Corn and Avocado Salsa

Again, with The Pioneer Woman. I think I should just set the goal of cooking my way through her entire recipe list, I've made a pretty nice dent so far. If I had the time and money, that is something I would love, love, love to do. Every recipe I've tried from her has been irresistible, this one is no exception. It's the epitome of summer and what better way to send this gorgeous season off?

This recipe makes a big tub but no problem, you'll finish it in no time!

PW's Fresh Corn and Avocado Salsa
Yields: enough for a crowd (10+ servings)
Original recipe from The Pioneer Woman, which can be found here.


4 ears of sweet corn, cooked
1/2 red onion, diced
2 large, firm avocados, diced
2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced (I like it spicy)
Juice of 1 lime
Plenty of chopped cilantro
Salt, to taste
1 tbsn. vinegar
1 tsp. sugar

Slice the kernals off the corn and combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Enjoy!

Top an omelet with it, it's delicious:

5 comments:

  1. the pioneer womans recipes are so great. i love corn salsa, and avocado has been growing on my recently. i need to print this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to find inspiration for my omelet at breakfast the other day - this is just what I was wishing for. What a must try - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...yum. Love how healthy this is. Avocados rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good, I know I would love it but my room mate would probably die and go the heaven for this. I may just have to make her a surprise one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fantastic breakfast. Avocados are one of my favorite foods right now, so I definitely need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete