Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mango Lassi

According to Wikipedia, a lassi is popular drink originating from North India. It's traditionally made with yogurt and spiced with cumin or cardamom but I made mine with buttermilk, since I had some left over from the Red Velvet cupcakes. I've always wanted to try a lassi, so I just tossed everything into a blender and it was yummmy in my tummy in a split second. Slightly spiced and super creamy!!

Mango Lassi
Yields: 1 serving


1 cup of diced mango, about 1 large mango
1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
1 - 2 tbsn. sugar
pinch of cardamom
pistachios, chopped and toasted (optional)
fresh raspberries (optional)

Blend everything in a blender until well pureed. Serve and enjoy! I like to serve mine with fresh raspberries, but some chopped pistachios would be great also!

The easiest way to cut mango for me is to cut around the seed, then use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Don't forget the flesh around the seed too, there's a lot left over!

4 comments: