Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crispy Thumbprint Cookies

OH MY GOOOOODNESS!

This picture does not do these cookies any favor but my words sure will! 

OH MY GOOOOODNESS!

These are so, so, so yummy! My cousin, Ly, made them for her memorial day BBQ! They are slightly crispy and sweet from the jam; simple goodness. She used a recipe from The Cake Mix Bible, basically a cookbook which bases its recipes on cake mixes, amazing really since it's filled with hundreds of delectable recipes which are so simple and relatively cheap to make! I literally ate like 15 of these and I am so ashamed... 

OH MY GOOOODNESS!

MAKE THESE NOW! I MEAN IT! NOW, NOW, NOW!

Oh, and thanks LY (best cookie maker ever)!!!!

Crispy Thumbprint Cookies
Yields: approximately 3 dozen
Recipe from The Cake Mix Bible


1 package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 egg
3 cups rice krispies cereal, crushed
6 tbsn. strawberry preserves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional - she didn't use them)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine cake mix, oil, water and egg until well combined. Add the cereal and fully incorporate until well blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an un-greased baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an indentation into each cookie, spoon about 1/2 a teaspoon of preserves into each cookie. Bake for 9 - 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I feel famous now. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, I assume 1 egg? It was not in the ingredients list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm sorry... 1 egg is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. you are tempting me to make these.
    im not a fan of jam, nor using cake mix, but your "OH MY GOOOODNESS!" is very convincing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not usually a fan of jam either but I don't know!!! Maybe I have weird taste buds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. michelle,
    may i know how many grams 1 package of yr cake mix is ? since i dont have any, i might substitute with afp.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete