Thursday, November 4, 2010

Milk + Honey {Costa Mesa, CA}

It's been a couple of years now since the whole fro-yo craze boomed here in southern California. I'm still on the bandwagon. Icy treats to beat the heat? I'm there.  
There are plenty here to choose from: Yogurtland, Pinkberry, Cherry on Top... I could go on for ages. I think one that really stands apart though is Milk + Honey. They have more than just your typical frozen yogurt and shaved ice!

Above is their 'Chai shaved ice' which is decadently laced with cinnamon and milk, then filled with a cheesecake center and topped with all kinds of fresh fruit. I was pretty sad that they ran out of the cheesecake filling this day, which sounded awesome! But it was delicious all the same.
We also got their 'Fro-yo Parfait' which was really fun to eat and I loved the concept. Basically, it was layers of tart frozen yogurt, granola, and oodles of fresh fruit. It was perfect on this unbelievably hot day, no really it was in the high 90s, in the middle of our Californian winter!
My favorite part though was the atmosphere. It was super welcoming, the staff was nice and they have an adorable outside lounge area filled with plush couches and friendly sparrows!


All done!

3 comments:

  1. I just adore the vintage layer (effect) in the photos... and the breakfast.. that says healthy to me.. I like a big breakie before I work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in Orange County?

    ReplyDelete