Monday, August 9, 2010

The Bridge to Nowhere/ San Gabriel Canyon

I don't often post about things besides food, music and fashion but sometimes I get so excited about something I just feel like I have to share it with you guys! This past weekend, I went on a hike at the San Gabriel Canyon up to the Bridge to Nowhere, and it was awesome, to say the least!

The infamous 'Bridge to Nowhere.'
If you are from the area or ever visit the great state of California in your lifetime and love the outdoors/ hiking, please visit this great site. It's a moderate hike upwards and along the way you get to cross through deliciously blue river water and witness some great native Californian plant life (as shown below).
Isn't it just beautiful? I really could not get over how beautiful it was the whole time I was hiking through! It's about 5 miles up to the bridge and 5 miles back, and overall a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Hiking through Californian dessert while being greeted by icy cold river water in between.
I have no idea what kind of trees these were, but boy were they a site. Their furry little leaves had a life of their own!
Once you hike up to the bridge, you have this awesome view of the canyon below, where the water is the most gorgeous shade of blue and literally just calling your name! After a long, hot hike up, the icy cold water is the cherry on top.
Well, hello there Mr. mountain sheep!
Ahhhh, quite possibly the best feeling in the world!
Oh, and did I mention this is the ONLY bungee jumping site in California? Yes, it is, and if you dare, this is an awesome opportunity to be scared out of your wit! But don't worry, Bungee America (who operates the site) offers a 100% safety record.
Golden fields.
All in all, one gooooooooooood day.
More information:

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this looks like an awesome hike! wish i lived nearby so i could do it, i lovehiking

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are so gorgeous--i love the treatment that you did for them! looks like it was an awesomely fun day. (though, i'd probably take my shoes off before dipping my feet in the water. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely photos, I especially loved the "Golden Fields" one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the pictures...absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooow. these pictures are stunning. love that vintage feel to it that you have going on :)

    ReplyDelete