Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Toasted Coconut Cupcakes

My sister baked some cupcakes for her little kids the other day with some to spare. No she doesn't have actual children yet! I am referring to the children she teaches. Anyways I had some extra cream cheese frosting from some Red Velvet cake I baked and topped her extra cupcakes with them. Oh and added some toasty coconut as well! They were yummy so I'd thought I'd post them here. They had just a slight note of coconut but it paired nicely with the tangy cream cheese and moist chocolate cake!

Toasted Coconut Cupcakes
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Cake recipe from here, frosting recipe from here.

1 bag of coconut, toasted lightly

Cream Cheese Frosting


16 oz. cream cheese (2 sticks), room temperature

1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted

pinch of salt


With an electric mixture, blend together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Turn mixer to low speed and blend in the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Turn mixer on high until light and fluffy. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. If refrigerated, before use bring back to room temperature.


4 comments:

  1. mmmm yummy toasted coconut looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently tasted these cupcakes, and they are divine!! The coconut along with the cupcake food are the best I have ever earten. Thanks for sharing.

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete