Cupcake flags are cute little additions to cupcakes, cakes, etc. I like to make them to add personalized messages to things that I bake. They are super easy to make and instantly add something special.
What you will need:
Scrapbook paper/ Colored paper/ Patterned paper
1. First, gather your scrapbooking supplies such as glue sticks, printed papers, etc.2. You will also need toothpicks and pretty beads, but beads are completely optional as I have made cupcake flags without beads, which can be seen here.
3. First, grab a bead and put it on one tip of the toothpick. The hole in the bead should not be big enough to go all the way down the toothpick. Mine stopped right at the top. Pushing down with enough pressure should set the bead so that it will not fall off.
4. Using scissors, cut 1 cm strips from your chosen paper. They should be about 3 - 4 inches in length. Apply your glue stick to the entire back of the paper strip and fold the paper around the toothpick just below the bead. Make sure the paper is well stuck together and run your fingers along the paper to remove any air bubbles.
5. Type up some cute messages on your computer and print them out. You can also hand write these.
6. Next, cut them out and paste them to your newly made flags. Top them on cakes, cupcakes, whatever! Enjoy!