Friday, December 12, 2008

Cranberry, Goat Cheese & Candied Pecan Salad

It's hard balancing life when you're a full time student, have a part time job, a boyfriend, friends, familial obligations and on top of that have desires to travel the world, dabble in photography, cook, and spend countless hours reading fellow blogs. Let me tell you, it takes a lot of negotiation. I often find myself having such conversations inside my head, "If a finish overviewing one lecture on cancer, I can spend a maximum of 15 minutes online... NO dilly dalling!" Of course that 15 minutes usually exponentially grows and I often have to pay for my procrastinations over and over, when will I ever learn?

Procrastination will always be a vice of mine but multitasking? Multitasking is my savior and I'm damn good at it too. Just ask B, he's witnessed me driving while curling my eyelashes, eating breakfast, AND talking at the cell phone all at once, and not a ticket in sight!  See, look at me below: eating my perfectly packed, crunchysaltysweet salad while studying! That deserves some kind of medal... or I could do without the medal, give me an A instead! 


Cranberry, Goat Cheese & Candied Pecan Salad:
Yields: Enough for 1

2 oz. of fresh baby greens
3-4 tbsp. of crumbled goat cheese, any variety
2-3 tbsp. of cooked diced pancetta, can also substitute bacon
2-3 tbsp. of dried cranberries
2 oz. of candied pecans (I get mine from Trader Joes)
Balsamic Vinaigrette, any variety
salt and freshly ground pepper

Wash and dry the greens, put on a plate. Top with everything else, drizzle with the dressing and enjoy.

Note: You can also add sliced granny smith apples for some bite. 

1 comment:

  1. why is your font so teeny? i'm cross-eyed now!

    ReplyDelete