Saturday, September 12, 2009

Easy Banana Cream Pie

Banana Cream Pie ya'll.
Ya heard?!

This pie was B-A-N-A-N-A-S, as Gwen Stefani would say. This pie is simple, easy as hell and delicious. I used my all time favorite go-to custard recipe, which I have also used here and here. I'm not usually one for shortcuts, but this custard is so good and so easy that I don't see the point in attempting to make real pastry cream. One day maybe, but not today. Anyways... bananas, custard, cinnamon whipped cream and pie crust? Yeah I think that definitely qualifies as a winner.

Brown-flecked bananas are perfect for this dessert; perfectly sweet:
Time to arrange your bananas:
YUM, easiest and most delicious pie ever!
Easy Banana Cream Pie
Yields: 1 9-inch pie, serves about 6 - 8


1 9-inch pie crust, fully baked and cooled (I used store bought dough, but you could use this recipe)
1 large box of french vanilla pudding
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 3/4 cup heavy cream, split
3 ripe but firm, large bananas, sliced
2 tbsn. powdered sugar, sifted
2 tsp. vanilla extract, split
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

To make the custard, combine the pudding mix, milk, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 cup heavy cream and beat for 5 - 10 minutes until thickened and well combined. Set aside in the refrigerator. To make the whipped cream topping, combine the 1 cup of heavy cream, powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and whip until peaks form. To assemble, grab your cooled pie shell and fill with the custard about halfway (there might be some left over but just grab a spoon and shove it in your mouth!), then arrange the bananas in any way, top with the whipped cream and chill for about an hour or more. Enjoy!

If you're feeling on the decadent side, cover the entire thing in whipped cream!
Humminah, humminah, humminah:

6 comments:

  1. Now that is one easy, yet elegant looking pie!!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle!

    This was delicious. Thanks for bringing it yesterday, you're amazingg hehe <3

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Easy and fabulous. My husband would be all over this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would totally win my Dad's heart! I make this for him and I would be secure the top spot. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. That banana cream pie looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull Pictures! I absoulutely lovvve that!

    ReplyDelete