Thursday, June 11, 2009

Words

My home has always been set in Orange County. I was born here, I grew up here, I live here. It might not have the excitement of a big city, which I do love, but it has a special place in my heart. Most specifically, I have lived all 20 years of my short life in Orange, the heart of Orange County. It's funny because not many people know the city; it's small but filled with whimsical charm. 


The Orange Circle is my favorite place to be where there are quaint antique shops and some of the best restaurants in town. It's also the home to the Street Fair (as shown above) where I love to get my hands on some Loukoumades and Gyros, yummmmm! If you were to wander its streets, you might recognize its park bench as the same one Tom Hanks sat on as he waited for a bus in Forrest Gump or even its Army Navy Store from That Thing You Do. Yep, it's quite famous!


I think that this quotation perfectly describes what my home means to me. I randomly stumbled upon it in a class I was taking in school. I will never forget Orange County no matter where I am in the world because it is my one and true love. 

"Where springtime always lingers, 

where winter never enters,

 and where the last rose of summer is never seen. 

Where rains fall gently and ocean winds breathe softly under the Western sky. 

In the glow of the setting sun, there is Orange County."

- Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!

    I just went to the Orange Circle for the first time today EVER! Thanks for the restaurant recommendation, Chris took me to the Felix Contin. Cafe or something like that..It was good =)

    You're so talented I love reading your blog and reviews on Yelp =)

    ReplyDelete