Monday, January 19, 2009

Bi-Rite Creamery {San Francisco, CA}

On a rainy day in San Francisco after a trip to the cult Tartine Bakery in the Mission District, we (some friends and I) wandered along the streets into Bi-Rite Creamery. Before finding lunch, we decided a starter of handmade ice cream would perk us up. We even dared it in the frigid weather! But honestly I could have been in the midst of Antarctica and I still would have opted for a scoop of Bi-Rite over a bowl of steaming soup.
I chose a double scoop of roasted banana and ginger toffee swirl, and let me tell you, the moment that cute wooden flat spoon hit my lips, I began swirling into a dream like world of sunshine and eternal happiness. No, I am not exaggerating. The roasted banana was beyond words and although I usually despise strong ginger flavor (odd, because I'm Asian), I could not get enough. Not only did the deliciousness make my day, but the staff was so incredibly charming and let us try as many flavors as our hearts desired! Because trust me, it was hard narrowing it down to just two.
The selection is just stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment