Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The "Best" Made Even Better.

I personally don't really love love love brownies like others do. I don't know why... I don't have that gene (and I know it's strange). That gene is missing along with the "love of watermelon" gene. I feel like I am the only person in the world to not love watermelon, but oh well! 

On to these brownies... wow. For someone who doesn't really love brownies, these were the ones to convert me. Honestly, add Ferrero Rocher to anything and I'm a happy camper! But these also had a nice chewy texture which I loved. Chocolate-y and rich!



The Best Fudge & Ferrero Rocher Brownies Ever
Yields: 9 large brownies
Original recipe from Cooking On The Side, which can be found here.


1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
2 cups of sugar (original recipe calls for 2 1/4)
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups of Dutch-process cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsn. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, chopped (original recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13" pan with butter then line with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium saucepan over low heat melt the butter. Add the sugar and mix to combine. Continue heating until mixture is hot and looks shiny, but not bubbling. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl then stir in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Mix until combined then add the eggs, one at a time. Once combined, slowly stir in the flour and chopped Ferrero Rocher (or chocolate chips) until well mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from the pan and then allow them to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a lover of brownies in the sense that most are so I can understand what you mean. I prefer mine with something more added. I've never had ferrero rocher...guess I'm missing out if it's made these brownies change your mind about brownies.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ferrero Rocher brownies?? Yes please! These look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete