Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake

As I was viewing my daily dose of Foodgawker and Tastespotting, I saw this recipe for a Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake and my mouth started to water instantly. I've never made a whole cheesecake before so I was eager to try and let me tell you it was one of the most pleasant experiences of my life! Who knew it could be so incredibly easy? Sure a water bath seems finicky but it makes a real difference; see Ma no cracks! I initially made this as a gift for my friend Cherish, but when I made it, it went straight out of the oven on to the road to LA, sadly without a usable picture. But this beauty was so uberly delicious, that I had to make it again. And that I did!

This cheesecake was unbelievable. Creamy, lush and chocolaty. I love Ferrero Rocher so this was right up my ally. My only complaint would probably be the crust. It didn't keep very well and crumbled when I tried to extract a slice (not that I minded, because it was delicious nonetheless). I think its fragile-ness was probably due to the fact that the recipe didn't require pre-baking the graham cracker crust, maybe I will try that next time (as there surely will be one).

Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake

Yields: 1 9-inch cheesecake

Slightly adapted from Clumsy Cookie, which can be found here.


For the crust:

2 cups of graham cracker crumbs

1 stick of butter, melted

2 tbsn. sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

4 tbsn. cocoa powder


For the cheesecake:

3 blocks of cream cheese, 8 oz. each at room temperature

1 cup sugar

3 large eggs

1 cup heavy cream

1 tbsn. vanilla extract

1/2 tsp. salt

10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, roughly chopped

3/4 cup Nutella

2 tbsn. chopped roasted hazelnuts

1 tbsn. Frangelico liqueur (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 F. Boil a large pot of water for the water bath. Mix the crust ingredients together and press into your preferred pan. Set aside. Combine cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer and cream until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure each is fully incorporated. Scrape bowl in between each egg addition. Add the heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and Frangelico and blend until creamy. Lastly, fold in the chopped Ferrero Rocher. Pour batter into the prepared crust and tap it on the counter to bring the air bubbles up. Place pan into a larger pan and pour the boiling water into the larger pan, halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan. Bake 45 - 55 minutes until almost done, it should hold together but still have a little jiggle in the middle. Close the oven door, turn off the oven and let it rest in the cooling oven for an hour. Remove it from the oven (it should still be warm) and spread the Nutella over it (I find it easier to spread when its warm). Top with hazelnuts (I used almonds). After, remove it and let it chill in the refrigerator completely. Enjoy!


Oh, hello there lover!!

20 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! i think i'll have to try this really soon!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha! It is good, isn't it? Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy, that looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Ferrero Rocher as a kid. I'd nibble at it and eat it layer by layer till I reached the nut in the end. Of course, sometimes, I'd just pop the whole thing in! This cake must taste fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was your first-ever cheesecake?!?!?! It looks fantastic! One would never be able to tell! And I'm glad that you kicked things off with Ferrero... chocolate and hazelnuts and simply the best combo ever, according to humbly little me, of course ;)
    The crust will be perfect next time, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds amazing, Ferrero Rocher is my favorite chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually make Nutella cheesecake, but yours looks to me greatful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! This looks AHHHmazing!!! I am totally going to make this SOON!

    -Amy
    www.singforyoursupperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it bad to want two pieces of this for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  13. is the frangelico optional? it's in the recipe but not the ingredient list?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of these cheesecake!!!!! It must be a real pleasure to savor it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ferrero Rocher AND Nutella? Wow! This is one cheesecake even I would eat and lots of it! It is so beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. is this real or cardboard?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course it's real and it's delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the recipe! just wondering, where does the salt come in for the filling part cos it wasn't written? also, is frangelico needed cos it wasn't listed?

    hope u could help!

    hiphopphreak@hotmail.com
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog is great, I love it. Keep it up and never stop posting! cenderahati pengantin, cenderahati perkahwinan murah, t shirt printing =) cheers!

    ReplyDelete