Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lychee Green Tea + Routin 1883 Syrups


I'm a very lucky blogger. I know I haven't been blogging that often lately, but this space is something I can call my own and a place to share my loves with you guys. To all of my readers, you mean a lot to me and your kind comments mean even more! I'm even luckier to have been able to receive so many nice gifts from various companies.

The latest are these unbelievably unique syrups from Routin 1883. They kindly let me choose what flavors I wanted to try, and of course lychee had to be one of them! You all know how much I love tea, so lychee syrup in tea is just another form of heaven for me. I fell in love with speculoos about a year or so ago when I made a foodie trip to New York and tried the Wafels & Dinges truck. They had this speculoos spread that they served with their waffles that was just... divine. When I saw that Routin 1883 offered a speculoos flavor I knew I had to try it!


Aren't the bottles just lovely? Anyway Routin 1883 is a brand that hails from France that specializes in decadent and specialty syrups that you could add to almost anything. I like to use my lychee flavor in tea and the speculoos flavor in lattes but I'm just about sure I could add them to anything I'd like... and believe me, I will! These syrups are concentrated in flavor and add just the right amount of sweetness. 

If you're interested in trying some, grab some here!



Lychee Green Tea with Boba
Yields: 1 serving

1 1/2 cups water
1 jasmine green tea bag or 2 tsp. loose leaf jasmine green tea
1 oz. Routin 1883 lychee syrup
1/4 cup boba, cooked (optional)
ice

Heat the water till almost boiling, either on top of a stove or in the microwave. Steep the tea, and immediately place in the refrigerator to cool for 15 - 30 minutes. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in the syrup and cooled tea. Shake vigorously to cool, about 1 minute. Place the cooked boba in a tall glass. Strain the cooled tea mixture on top. Enjoy!

* Using a cocktail shaker is completely optional. You could plainly serve the tea over ice but I think shaking it makes it a bit more fun :)


Seriously, so delicious. I finished it in no time.

4 comments:

  1. Wow I can't wait to try these. I use the Routin syrups in cocktails, coffee and milk shakes. I've been making flavoured dressings for salad and cupcakes using the syrups and sauces! It been a lot of fun. Last year I made baked rhubarb I cut young red rhubarb into 2 inch sections with the blood orange and the plain Ginger syrups drizzled over the top - then added a little honey - although when the rhubarb comes up this year I'm going to try Agave syrup! I added a little orange zest and baked until the rhubarb was just beginiing to caramlise. It was awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely in love with your blog. And your banner is amazing.

    Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love lychees, and Speculoos is my biggest weakness! When I lived in Paris I discovered the amazingness of Speculoos spread on apples and crepes... but straight out of the jar on a spoon is best ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found your blog and I want to cook everything you've posted about in here. Yum! Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete