Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Day at the Swap Meet

On a lazy Saturday like this past one, B and I decided to go to the OCC Swap Meet. It's not so much that we want to find something but rather, we hope that something will find us. Swap Meets are either hits or misses, and when you're not looking for anything, that's when the best things find you, and boy did it find us!  I don't particularly like this whole summer during the winter kind of weather, especially when it cuts into my boot-wearing, scarf-tossing, cold weather days. But that's Southern California, and I'll have to get used to it. So you can understand how finding a treasure like hot pink strawberry juice made my day all better. Honestly the hot pink kind of turned me off at first sight, making me think to myself, what the hell is in this stuff? But I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. It was simply sweet with pure strawberry flavor and was the perfect accompaniment to spicy, creamy Mexican corn. I like mine best with everything on it: hot sauce, butter, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

The variety of juices offered on a hot day:
All smothered and such:
B cleaned it, and he cleaned it well:

1 comment:

  1. omg the colors of the drinks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete