Saturday, December 19, 2009

Greetings from San Francisco

Hi everyone! That's me down there... maybe you can't tell but it is, I promise!
<3
I recently took a short mini-break to San Francisco, one of my favorite cities in the world; full or culture, beautiful people, and most importantly, beautiful food. Every chance I get, I trek to this gorgeous city and make my way through the lists and lists of eateries. And boy, I was not disappointed this time around! Basically, this is just a massive foodie/ travel post; enjoy!
Nick's Crispy Tacos: a swanky restaurant and bar that serves to-die-for crispy tacos!
In the heart of the hustle and bustle of Chinatown:
If you can't get good dim sum in Chinatown, where else can you get it?
A plethora of good eats seen while meandering through Chinatown:
One of the best teas (Arabic tea) I've ever had at Kan Zaman:
Oh how I love those San Francisco nights:
Delicious sandwiches at Ike's Place, and of course we cleaned that plate real good!
Union Square:
Mmmmm hot ramen on a cold, cold day in SF at Katana-Ya:
A close up of the very delicious, but kind of overpriced ramen:
Pretty fall leaves at the Japanese Tea Garden:
A mini couples photoshoot at the Japanese Tea Gardens:
Osha, a super trendy Thai restaurant with amazingly good Thai food (my fav was the roasted duck salad below):
Twin Peaks: the best view of the city and the perfect place for silhouettes:
Bob's Donuts: home of the most AMAZING crullers EVER!
My favorite worker at Bob's and the hardcore donut machinery:
Having fun on hotel rooftops with long exposures and sparklers:
What's a good brunch without mimosas and bloody marys?
Mama's and some fineeeee home-cooked breakfast/ brunch:
How could I NOT visit Paulette and grab a box of my French Macaron favorites??!?!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures michelle, as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures Michelle! Looks like a wonderful, fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! French crullers are one of the few "doughnuts" I like and those look AWESOME. By the way, were the effects on these photos done with Photoshop? All are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xiaolu - I use Adobe Lightroom to edit and add effects to my pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of your photos. I go to school in Sf and live on the other side of the bridge. best city in the world! with the best food no joke. and holy shit how did u do those photos with the sparklers!? amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. darling, this is my first time ever in your blog, but so far I'm loving it the mix of food stories, recipes, music and fashion.

    Your photography is beautiful without been overly *girly and sweet*. Your photography has soul.

    Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete